of the Green Fountain Inn
Built Circa 1908 by Dr. P.J. and Adelle Christofferson
The home served as a private residence until renovation began in 1994. Today the Inn offers elegance and comfort to the vacationing or business traveler. The decor and furnishings are reminiscent of the grandeur 1920's. The inviting parlor, with baby grand piano and fireplace in the sitting room serve as common rooms for all guests.
Waupaca was originally inhabited by Menomonie and Chippewa tribes. President Buchanan's Proclamation in 1849 brought a band of five settlers from Plymouth, seeking the much talked about lands. Six years later Waupaca had two storekeepers and one newspaper - the Waupaca Spirit.
Around 1856 the first schoolhouse was built, and school ran a total of six months out of the year. Using oxen driven wagons it took about 3 weeks to travel 200 miles